Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Work Dilemma

Eph 6:5-9
5 Slaves, be obedient to those who are, according to human reckoning, your masters, with deep respect and sincere loyalty, as you are obedient to Christ: 6 not only when you are under their eye, as if you had only to please human beings, but as slaves
of Christ who wholeheartedly do the will of God. 7 Work willingly for the sake of the Lord and not for the sake of human beings. 8 Never forget that everyone, whether a slave or a free man, will be rewarded by the Lord for whatever work he has done well. 9 And those of you who are employers, treat your slaves in the same spirit; do without threats, and never forget that they and you have the same Master in heaven and there is no favouritism with him.

Another answered prayer for me today.

Lately, I have to cope with some 'work dilemmas' in the office, where I was caught in a tight spot, not knowing how to react to the news I received. Making thing worse, were all the rumours circulating around, and I was left perplexed - didn't really understand what would happen next. It wasn't entirely a 'bad news', it's just that, I think I'm not ready for the wind of change.... yet, when the last I had was less than two months earlier.

On the surface, I'm playing Miss Cool, trying my best to disguise my uneasiness. When I first told about the 'news' last week, I got home headached (it lasted the whole night). This 'affair' went on for about two weeks, and today, the whole thing almost take its toll on me. I was wishing that I'd never have to deal with it. Subconsciously, I think I asked God to help me.

GOD HEARD ME. When I attended daily mass this evening, this passage hit me right - "Work willingly for the sake of the Lord and not for the sake of human beings". I thought, oh God, what have I done? I was so worried because I was doing it for myself, for my own satisfaction, and not for.... God.

Those Words of St Paul came as an answer for me, and I was at once relieved. The despair I felt earlier, vanished. I felt joy inside, now realising what He wants me to do - Whatever deeds we are doing, we MUST do it for the love of God. God alone is the Master, and we must be willing in doing all our works.

Facing yet another working day tomorow, I made my pledge - I shall try to work wholeheartedly, for the sake of serving Christ. One may ask, what relates your work with serving Christ? Well, to that, I can only answer this - God's way is not our way. Somehow He has a plan for us, and we as His creation, would never ever outwise Him to understand His magnificent plan.

To me, maybe, just maybe, that it is to work out our faithfulness to God, by learning to obey our bosses. :)

Tomorrow, coming to work, I think (and quite sure actually), that I'm going to be all smile again. Things may not work the way I hoped for, but in any case, I have a Father who leads my way. That, I could be rest assured. :)

Happy working everyone, and GOD BLESS. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment