Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Clean within..

Today's (Tuesday October 12 2010) reading:
"Give for alms those things which are within" Luke 11:37-41
37 While he was speaking, a Pharisee asked him to dine with him; so he went in and sat at table. 38 The Pharisee was astonished to see that he did not first wash before dinner. 39 And the Lord said to him, "Now you Pharisees cleanse the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside you are full of extortion and wickedness. 40 You fools! Did not he who made the outside make the inside also? 41 But give for alms those things which are within; and behold, everything is clean for you.


Reading this today, it struck me instantly...

"Am I clean 'inside'?" was what I asked myself.

Many a time, I make the effort to appear 'clean'. I try my best to be nice to all people around me; seek to control my temperament so that I do not offend anyone; restraining myself from uttering 'magic words'.....

I suppose, by far I manage to 'behave'.

However, divulging my heart, I have to come clean, that there's something hideous still dwells 'inside' of me. Greed, jealousy, rivaling, judging, criticising.... are all that have been staining my 'inside' every day, without me realising it.

At most times, we tend to trim our images, so that they would appear 'nice and clean'. But how many times do we ponder upon what's 'inside'?

Jesus' message is transparent. He taught us to be clean internally as much as externally. Being sterile inside, the outer stains do not matter at all. It is not easy, nor is it impossible. GOD'S LOVE is the ultimate answer. As human beings, we are always seeking for earthly perfections, sometimes to the extent of betraying our Creator.

I tried hard on the surface, and I shall now do the same to my 'inside'. Praying that the Holy Spirit guides me everyday in my doings, that I may prime God's love in every walks of my earthly life.

God Speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment