Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Time flashes.... It's November!


It seems like only yesterday that I welcomed Year 2010.

Time flashes - not just passes, incredibly fast. It is November 2010! I concluded my October by getting my hair cut. I planned to keep it long, pass shoulder length at least, but could not stand the 'heaviness' anymore. So, there my hair went, down to the floor of the hair saloon.

My first week of this month went on 'packed'. So much had been going on that I almost lost sense that the first half of this month are just few days left.

First, it was All Saints' Day on 1st November. I attended evening Mass at Good Shepherd Church, Menggatal and the celebrant of the Mass was Rev Fr Michael Modoit. His homily that evening was beautiful, reminding us to live 'good and kind hearted', that one day we, too can be saint by living dutifully obedient to the Father's will while living in this life. I was especially awed by Fr Michael's recount on the exhume of the late Bishop Simon Fung's body (to be relocated to Sacred Heart Cathedral) - a year after he was buried, the body (seen through the glass coffin) was still intact and looked almost as perfect as the time of his funeral. Isn't that wonderful? :)

Then, the next was All Souls' Day. I went to work that morning healthy and sound, but soon after clock in, the stomach uneasiness started. I thought it was just 'gas', maybe I'd be alright if I had some biscuits. That didn't go well. By noon, I was gastric-stricken. I gobbled a relieving pill - no effect. So I took the rest of the day off and went home, thinking of dropping by at the clinic to consult a doctor and to get my MC. Alas! No empty parking spot at the clinic compound! So I headed back home, again, thinking of coming back later to the clinic after I take some rest. Wrong thought no 2! The pain got worse (my body arched to the pain and driving to the clinic by myself was out of the question) and I was feverish. I had no choice, but to send out 'SOS' to my friends, asking to take me to the clinic. Thank God a good friend was available. He came and fetched me to Permai Polyclinic, where I was treated and given injection (the doctor said I had too much acid and gas). I felt better not long after (thanks to Boyo), but somewhat exhausted, so I did not make it to the All Souls Mass that evening.

Third day of the month - I was still feeling under the weather, so it was another 'MC' day. I attended daily Mass at St Simon, Likas that evening with Jane.

Thursday, November 4th - the day was ordinary, but my friends and I were all very excited for our trip to Kota Marudu and Kota Belud the next day. We facebooked and chatted about that the whole day! Evening, our church (GSCM) choir practise for Christmas Masses, started. Got back home that night, I packed the things that needed to be brought for the trip, FB-ed for a while, and retired to bed. Sleep was not well though, woke up few times all the way to morning (must be because of the excitement hahaha).

5th November was the day we had been looking forward to! It was Deepavali holiday, and 5 of us departed from Tuaran town at 8am. The destination - St Theresa Hostel, Kota Marudu. Some other friends who had plan to join us could not make it, as they have other commitment to attend to. Reaching there at 10am, we were overwhelmed by the children, welcoming our arrival. The kids staying at the hostel were mostly those from poor families, coming from remote villages around Kota Marudu and Pitas town. There were 45 of them (as at time of visit), the youngest being 5 years old and the eldest, 20. Two of their caretakers, Sr Marysia and Sr Martina were there as well, greeting us when we arrived. We spent about two hours with them - self introductions, sing alongs, took pictures, chit chat.... It was a truly memontous visit for me, and a lasting memory too. We will definitely come and visit again!



Leaving the hostel, we dropped by Kota Marudu Town for lunch, thereafter continued our trip to another planned vacation - Usukan Cove Lodge! Reached there almost 3pm, checked in, get changed... It wasn't long before we started strolling the beach, and soaked ourselves in the water. We took pleasure and had fun in the water, while waiting for the others to get there.



The next day (6th) we had the photoshooting session. We dressed all in white and were facial made up by Lesley, who also did the phototaking. We departed for home around 3pm, and stopped off at Tuaran Town for late lunch. Everybody was exhausted, contentedly and delighted though. I got home before 6pm, and fell asleep soon after. When I woke up, it was already Sunday morning - more than 13 hours of sleep!



I skipped the morning Mass and went to St Simon at evening, the Mass celebrant being Rev Fr Wilfred Atin. I remember one part of his homily, he said 'it doesn't matter if we believe in the concept of 1 Malaysia or not, or what political parties we support - we are all ONE in the body of CHRIST". Beautiful statement. :)

So....... there went my 1st week of November 2010. 'Packed', but embossed quite a number of memories for me. I thank Father God for His graces, that I get to enjoy that week, and for His gift of wonderful friendships that I have.

Now, I'm looking forward for yet another weeks ahead (already have some plans set). Christmas comes soon, and the heat of carols and practices would soon add in to the mood.

Here's wishing you a blessed and joyful year end!


GOD BLESS. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment